How many days does it take to form a new habit? Many studies point to 21 days as the magic number, while other studies suggest it takes months and sometimes up to year for a habit to take hold. Health educators and nutritionists with the Florida Department of Health often promote the health benefits of small lifestyle changes: eating more vegetables and fruits, replacing sodas with water, taking daily walks or choosing the stairs over elevators. These are doable and budget-friendly goals that can fold into your days, become routine and over time do amazing things for your health. The hardest part of healthy habits, after all, is making them stick.
Governor Ron DeSantis has signed Executive Order 20-315 which outlines that providers can only administer the COVID-19 vaccine to the following groups:
– Long-term care facility residents and staff.
– Persons 65 years of age and older.
– Health care personnel with direct patient contact.
– Persons deemed to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 by hospital providers.
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
- Radon Month
- Florida Vaccine Update
- Governor Ron DeSantis, Hospital CEOs Announce Distribution Plan for Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation and Recognize Statewide Progress on Vaccine Distribution
- Florida Department of Health Issues Update on COVID-19
- The Florida Department of Health Recognizes World AIDS Day
- Tips for a Safe and Healthy Holiday Season
- Holiday Drive Thru Event in Charlotte County
- DOH-Charlotte Encourages Residents to Get Flu Shot Now
- DOH-Charlotte Halloween Safety 2020
- HEALTH OFFICIALS ISSUE MOSQUITO-BORNE ILLNESSES ADVISORY
After Hours Reporting:
|Download the Full List of Reportable Diseases and Conditions|
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals