Charlotte County COVID-19 Vaccine Information
|Jan 01 - Sep 30, 2021|
At this time, those who are moderately to severely immunocompromised are eligible for a third dose of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Those who are eligible include:
- Those who are receiving active cancer treatment
- Organ transplant recipients who take medicine to suppress the immune system
- Stem cell transplant recipients in the last two years
- Advanced or untreated HIV
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other immunosuppressants
DOH-Charlotte as well as local pharmacies and physician offices can administer the third dose. To find a vaccine location near you, please visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/vaccines/vaccine-locator/ or https://www.vaccines.gov/.
VACCINE LOCATIONS AVAILABLE:
- DOH-Charlotte – Indoor Location
1100 Loveland Blvd.
Same day appointments are available.
Make appointment at 941-624-7200.
Moderna & Pfizer
Mon-Thur 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
DOH Charlotte Consent Form
Bring ID.Bring a printed copy of your completed consent form for a faster process.
- Publix Pharmacy
The local Department of Health does not have information regarding Publix vaccines.
Register online: publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida.
Publix At Gulf Cove 13435 S. McCall Road, Port Charlotte
Port Charlotte Crossing 4265 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte
Punta Gorda Crossing 2310 Tamiami Trail, Suite 1129, Punta Gorda
Burnt Store Marketplace 3941 Tamiami Trail, Unit 3145, Punta Gorda
Quesada Commons 19451 Cochran Blvd, #2000, Port Charlotte
Peachland Promenade 24051 Peachland Blvd., Port Charlotte
- Winn-Dixie – https://www.winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine
The local Department of Health does not have information regarding Winn-Dixie vaccines.
Winn-Dixie 4100 Mccall Road, Englewood
Winn-Dixie 3280 S. Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte
Winn-Dixie 2000 Kings Highway, Port Charlotte
Winn-Dixie 27680 Bermont Rd, Punta Gorda
- Walmart – https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302
The local Department of Health does not have information regarding Walmart vaccines.
Walmart 5001 Taylor Rd., Punta GordaWalmart 375 Kings Hwy, Port Charlotte
Walmart 19100 Murdock Cir., Port Charlotte
Walmart 2931 S McCall Rd., Englewood
- Target– Walk-ins welcome
The local Department of Health does not have information regarding Target vaccines.
Target 1400A Tamiami Trl, Port Charlotte
- Millennium Physician Group –Millennium Vaccine Appointment Registration
The local Department of Health does not have information regarding Millennium Physicians vaccines.
- Medical Pavilion Clinic
2525 Harbor Blvd.,
- Medicine Shoppe
615 Cross St #1112, Punta Gorda
Phone: (941) 505-1095
- Midway Pharmacy
3370 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte,
Phone: (941) 979-9085
- Lemon Bay Pharmacy
3542 N Access Rd # A, Englewood
Phone: (941) 475-5636
- Virginia B. Andes
21297 Olean Blvd. Unit B Port Charlotte, FL
Phone: (941) 766-9570
For additional locations go to: Know Before You Go (floridahealthcovid19.gov)
If you have additional questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaccination is not recommended if:
- You are currently experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms or any other illness. (Please wait until you are symptom free for 24 hours)
- You have had COVID-19 within the last 90 days. (Please check back after 90 days)
FORMS & INFORMATION DOWNLOADS:
- DOH Charlotte Consent Form
- Getting the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine-What to Expect During & After Your Injection
- Learn more about v-safe after vaccination health checker.
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT COVID-19 VACCINES
Now that there are authorized and recommended COVID-19 vaccines in the United States, accurate vaccine information is critical and can help stop common myths and rumors. Get the facts here:
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS:
The CharCoCares text system provides local updates related to COVID-19, area resources and opportunities as they become available. This system will also be used to share updates and announcements about vaccine availability.
Simply text "CharCoCares" to 888-777 on your smartphone to opt in. The service is free; message and data rates may apply.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MESSAGES:
For a text message, reply STOP.
For an email, look for an unsubscribe button or link at the bottom of the email.
Please note that CharCoCares is used for messaging to help the community not only with information about pandemic resources, but also post-storm resources and other resources for those in need (such as food distribution).
Effective April 5, 2021 (per Exec. Order 21-79) all Florida residents shall be eligible to receive any COVID-19 vaccine as prescribed by the Food and Drug Administration.
PERSONS AGES 12-17: The Pfizer vaccine is authorized for persons age 12 and up. The Moderna and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) vaccines are authorized for persons age 18 and up. All individuals under the age of 18 receiving a vaccine must be accompanied by a guardian and complete the COVID-19 vaccine screening and consent form.
Download a copy of the form, DOH Charlotte Consent Form
Do I need to be a resident of Florida to receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
To prove residency an adult resident must provide a copy of his or her valid Florida driver license or a copy of a valid Florida identification card.
Seasonal residents may provide a copy of two of the following to show proof of residential address:
- A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.
- One proof of residential address from the season resident’s parent, step-parent or legal guardian or other person with whom the seasonal resident resides and a statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident resides stating that the seasonal resident does reside with him or her.
- A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days before registration.
- A utility bill, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a federal, state, county, or municipal government agency, not more than 2 months old.
Seasonal resident means any person who temporarily resides in this state for a period of at least 31 consecutive days in each calendar year, maintains a temporary residence in this state, returns to the state or jurisdiction of his or her residence at least one time during each calendar year, and is registered to vote or pays income tax in another state or jurisdiction.
V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker
CDC has created a way for you to report how you feel after COVID-19 vaccination through a smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to check in with you.
Learn more about v-safe after vaccination health checker.
Please report errors or suggestions to: email@example.com.